In the event that Lightning, Thunder, Severe Rain, or Severe Wind occurs (within two miles), management will temporarily close water attractions. During the time management temporarily closes the attractions, guests will be required to wait in the designated covered areas. If inclement weather continues and ALL attractions remain consistently closed for 1 hour prior to 4 pm, Rain Passes will be issued to each guest to re-enter the park on a different day.
Please note the following:
- The Rain Pass is valid for one day entry Admission only, lockers will not be refunded or credited.
- The guest’s original wristband and Rain Pass must be returned to the ticket counter to redeem the Rain pass.
- Rain Passes will only be distributed immediately following the 1 hour attraction closure, guests who choose to leave the park on their own cannot collect a Rain Pass at a later time/date. No exceptions. This is why we ask that all guests remain in our designated covered areas to wait out the storm and to determine possible closures. (Typically Rain Passes are only passed out for 20-30 minutes after the decision to close is made)
- Staff cannot always predict sudden weather changes and will not always be able to determine potential closings in advance, it is the guest’s responsibility to determine if they should purchase Admission ahead of potential inclement weather.
- Guests may be asked to temporarily clear the water several short periods of time for inclement weather as weather conditions improve, and then again deteriorate. These temporary short periods of attraction closures will not result in a Rain Pass per the 1 hour consistent closure policy.
- If Surf Lagoon must close due to inclement weather after 4:00 pm, no Rain Pass will be issued.
We urge all guests to please visit your National Weather Service Site (www.weather.gov) prior to visiting, and thank you for your understanding while we do our best to secure guest satisfaction and most important, safety!